5 habits that will keep you healthy during 2017
Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals.
Let’s use this new year to take our health in the right direction and start in the best way possible. I am super happy to collaborate with Starbucks and their line of cold-pressed juices “Evolution Fresh®” – and show you “5 habits that will keep you healthy in 2017”
This list will include 5 habits that can be easily changed and won’t feel like a hassle. You will see that by including it in your daily life, you will feel healthier, happier, and even stronger!
Let’s use New year’s as a platform to restart and go back to basics. Starting that way might feel less overwhelming.
1. Choose more greens. Every time you go out for dinner or cooking at home, choose more veggies, more food that comes from the earth. It is ok to have a comfort meal but make eating healthy a priority. If you aren’t used to leafy greens (I know Kale can be hard to get used to!), make them in a smoothie or have a juice. I love adding extra greens to my day by drinking a cold pressed juice. My favorite is Evolution Fresh® “Organic Greens & Kale”, I get them at Starbucks on my way to work. Or if a green juice is too much for you, choose a mix of fruit and veggies, like “Organic Strawberry Lemonade”. Keep them in your bag and take sips during the day, I like to drink them first thing in the morning to get an energy boost.
2. Choose water. More water every day. Dry skin, dry lips and exhaustion can be signs of dehydration. Make sure to drink water during the day, and reduce or completely stop drinking sugary drinks like sodas or artificial juices. If you find it hard to drink water, add a lemon or orange wedge for flavor.
3. Choose to move. Everyday choose to move your body, it doesn’t matter what you like to do. It doesn’t have to be a hard routine 6 days a week, it can be a walk around your block or office, it can be a yoga class, or simply driving less and walking more. Letting your body move can help you concentrate more, relieve stress, and even sleep better. I found that I feel more energized when I get a good sweat. Make a habit of choosing exercise because of how it makes you feel, instead of outside results.
4. Choose sleep. Yes! Sleep is one of the things that we leave to the end and we don’t really pay attention to. If you’re used to sleeping 4-5 hours, it might be time to let yourself rest for at least 7-8 hours. If you have started to follow the three habits listed before, you will notice your sleep is deeper and you feel more energized in the morning. Remember to leave your phone or TV at least 30 minutes before going to bed, get comfortable clothes and sleep. I like to leave my blinds open for an easier morning, but some people find it easier to sleep if the room is dark.
5. Choose YOU. Always and above anything choose you. Self-care and self-love must be a priority for everyone. As women, we are used to putting people, job, and other things first and we forget we need to be healthy and happy before caring for someone else. This year, start by telling yourself you are worth it, by taking time to meditate, to spend an hour or so relaxing at home or simply to make time to take care of your body. Nourish your body from the inside out.
This new year, take a sip in a brighter direction by choosing health. Take easy steps to a healthier and happier life. Remember we are lucky to have healthy options around the corner, like Evolution Fresh's delicious juices. Learn more and find out where they are available near you.