Top 5 Instagram accounts for weightlifting beginners
Have you ever got to your gym, walked to the weight room and feeling like it was your worst nightmare? It just seems like a testosterone festival, with sweaty smell and eyes staring at you.
I can’t change most of it, but I can tell you right now, that the feeling of being lost and not knowing what to use and how, can easily be change.
After following BBG and other workout guides for a while, I needed to change it up my routine, and finally listened to my brother and started weight lifting.
Weight lifting has the reputation of making girls big and looking “like a man”, which I found to be pretty funny and not true. For your body to grow “like a man” you need hours and hours of intense work and follow a strict diet, and it will still take you months and sometimes years to get “that” look. Girls that get that super defined body are truly heroes to me; they commit themselves to a hard training and stick to it no matter what.
Now, if you lift here and there you can benefit in so many ways:
- Not only does strength training increase your physical work capacity, it also improves your ability to perform activities of daily living (ADL's). You will be able to work harder and longer with the proper weight training activities.
- It improves bone density. One of the best ways you can control bone loss as you age is to add strength training into your workout plan.
- It promotes fat-free body mass with decreasing sarcopenia. The lean muscle mass that we all work so hard for decreases with age. If we don't add strength training to our routine then it will turn into fat.
- It increases the strength of connective tissue, muscles, and tendons. This leads to improve motor performance and decreased injury risk.
- It improves your quality of life as you gaining body confidence. Strength training will not only make you strong, but will also help with managing your weight.
Note: I highly recommend seeing a Personal Trainer before starting to lift. Make sure to learn proper form and start with lightweights until you are strong enough to go for more. AGAIN, train with someone knowledgeable!
If you are looking into train by yourself or just need a little push, here are some instagram babes that I love to follow for inspiration. Some of them sell their one workout guides, and most of them post workout videos, which I have found to be useful when I am planning my weekly workouts.
Lauren has her own workout guide that can be purchased in two different versions, the home and the gym version. The gym version has photos with each movement, which makes it easy to follow.
AKA my latest obsession. These girls are serious babe goals. Both London babes, they post workout videos everyday. AC shares her story of bodybuilding competitions, from prep to the actual day. I love reading her stories and workout tips. They also share recipes that fit macros, even though most of them aren't vegan, I like use them as inspiration. If you dare to try one of their workouts, please, let me know. I was sore for days after one of their leg day!
They also just starting a blog with way more detail information. Find it here.
Molly, another fellow BBG babe that went and crushed the weights room, shares her workouts and meals and loads of tips on macro counting. Her CurveGuide is Certified by a personal trainer and nutritionist at Spinn-off London. Molly also shares her tips on youtube and - I haven't personally followed her guide, but I have seen it and read it and it is a great way to start lifting!
I am not sure how or when I started following Brit, but I know I love her account. I recently started to pay more attention to her posts and OMG, her workouts are a killer. She has a separate account for inspiration workout videos, and also has two different training guides. One is a HIIT workout guide and the other one is purely weight lifting. I have only tried her HIIT guide and it is pretty good, I wish I didn't have to google have of the moves but overall is awesome. I still need to get my hands on her other guide but so far her workouts had kill me a few times.
Pao has years of experience in weight lifting, she also offers coaching and is currently working on her own guides. I just started working with her to help me with my macros and she has been so good!!!
Now, is your turn:
- Who do you follow?
- Which is your favorite way to workout?
Until the next one,