Erin AKA QueencityBBG
When I opened my instagram and BBG, I started to follow so many girls that were following the guide. That's when I found Erin AKA QueenCityBBG. My first reaction was WOW, she looks unreal, soon after following her, knew she was way more than that. She is truly an inspiration! She always have positive messages and share her balance life.
Discover a bit more about Erin below!
- My nickname is: Most of my friends call me Er (pronounced air) or E-Tom but my brothers call me Smalls because I'm the baby of the fam (if you've seen The Sandlot you'll understand)
- The first thing I do when I wake up is: I grab my remote off my nightstand and turn on MTV music videos followed by chugging a glass of water.
- I can't live without: peanut butter and almond butter...or any nut butter really, it's a problem.
- If I had one week to escape: I would find a beach far away and just lay in the sun for a week straight. Maybe make friends with some of the locals...and work out of course.
- If I only had $10 in my pocket: I'd buy as many iced coffees I can get with $10 because I'm addicted!
- Everything tastes better with a little: hot sauce! I put hot sauce on practically everything (other than my oatmeal)
My one healthy tip: Life is all about balance! Don't forget to enjoy life just because you are on a "diet" or trying to be healthy. If I have plans after work and I know that I won't be getting my workout in at my usual time, I will plan accordingly and either wake up early to get it done or do it on my lunch break! I used to find myself saying no to dinner plans with friends just because I didn't want to be tempted to make unhealthy decisions, which I regret. You can still go out with friends and enjoy a meal at a restaurant without sacrificing the progress you've made. When I go home for holidays and my mom makes me an unhealthy meal, what do I do? I eat that unhealthy meal because you never know how much longer you'll going to get to enjoy your mom's cooking. Balance keeps you sane!
Aside from working out/running/being healthy I am completely obsessed with OATMEAL (random I know). I always look forward to creating new oatmeal recipes for breakfast whether it be adding egg whites, protein or zucchini to my oats. I'm not kidding when I say sometimes I can't even sleep because I'm so excited for what my oatmeal is going to consist of the next morning.
My favorite oatmeal recipe has got to be PB&J egg white oats. Below is the recipe for anyone interested in trying!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup egg whites (approx. 2 egg whites)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (I use frozen)
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
Combine oats, water, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a medium sized saucepan and heat on stove over medium, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, mash the banana in a small bowl. When your oats thicken (5-10 minutes), add 1/3 cup egg whites to saucepan. Continue stirring occasionally until you start to see the egg whites turn white. Pour all of that to a bowl, add your mashed banana and stir. Finally top with your mixed berries (I microwave these for a minute or so), greek yogurt, almond butter, and honey!