Epic Vanilla Vegan Pancakes
- 1 flax egg*
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1. cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Carob sauce*
- bananas and blueberries
Prep: 10 min // Cooking: 20 min // Total: 30 min
- Prepare flax egg (see below).
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, add flax egg and nut milk then combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir.
- Add water if you desire a thinner consistency.
- Now add berries or other flavor add-ins.
- Heat a pan on medium/low. If you are not using a nonstick pan.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of mixture to the pan creating a round shape.
- After 1-2 minutes or once bubbles appear, flip pancake over.
- Cook for another 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- If you notice the pancake burning and not cooking on the inside, turn down the heat.
- Stack on plate while others are cooking so the heat will continue to keep them warm/cooking.
- Thicker pancakes need longer cooking time on a lower temperature.
- If batter begins to dry out as time goes on simply add a tbsp of water and milk.
- Make your own oat or buckwheat flour by blending dried oats or buckwheat in a high speed blender.
Find below instructions for the carob sauce and flax egg!
Total Time: 2 mins
Ingredients for one serving
- 1 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- If coconut oil is hard place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 10-15 seconds
- then stir through carob powder until thick.
Add more or less carob powder to suit your desired consistency
Total Time: 6 mins
Ingredients for 1 Flax Egg
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp water
Combine flax meal and water in a bowl and allow it to sit aside for 5 minutes to thicken.