What I eat in a day: Vegan Poke Bowl
When choosing what to eat everyday, I try to stick to plant-based foods. Yes, I eat out sometimes, but my rule is too try to do my best and pick the healthiest choices, unless we are choosing the junk food place (we all need it sometimes).
When putting together my bowl I pick greens as my base, healthy fats, more veggies, legumes and/or grains and sometimes extra protein sources like soy products.
This is bowl is super easy to make and super versatile. You can add corn and beans and make it more "Mexican" - easy to assemble and tasty.
- Spinach ( I use about 4 cups)
- 1/4 Cucumber
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1/4 block of Tempeh
- Red onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (or any color)
- Vegan Kimchi
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chipotle sauce or siracha
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Pre-heat the oven at 400F/200C approx.
- Mix the sauce ingredients on a blender until well mix. Set apart.
- Cut the tempeh on cubes.
- On a bowl mix the sauce and tempeh. Set the remaining aside.
- Roast the tempeh for 10-15 mins, or until crispy.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper and cucumber, and grate the carrot.
- Once the time is up, take the tempeh out the oven.
- Set your bowl! I start with spinach at the bottom, than add all the ingredients. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top, and add the remaining sauce.
Here is one the reasons I love seaweed. It is a powerhouse of minerals, vitamins and amino acids, seaweeds are an excellent source of iodine, calcium and iron in an easily assimilated form. Seaweeds are a great way to ensure you get plenty of them! Seaweeds will help prevent damage to tissues from chemicals, heavy metals, and certain types of radioactivity; offset stress, boost stamina, and restore sexual interest (Weed,1989). Types of seaweed include nori, arame, kombu, wakame and Tasmanian float leaf. So many health benefits, and to me it taste delisshhhh.
If you like this recipe leave a comment below and give it a pin! Can't wait to see your creations.