Hola! Thank you for stopping by!
My name is Ana, a 26 year old that resides in Boston, MA.
I decided to create this blog to share my favorite recipes and to show you how easy, cheap and tasty eating healthy can be. But let me share with you how everything started!
I grew up in Mexico, with a foodie family and around tons of yummy treats. I’ve always been active on an on and off basis. I was never consistent with any workout, fitness program or sport. I was always on a diet, even though I have always been skinny. I never liked myself 100% and I always compared myself to others. Does this sound familiar to you?
After college I decided to move to NYC and started to live on my own. It was awesome, I could eat whatever I wanted, I didn’t have someone to judge me and I was spending way too much money. Oh, and I hated cooking. Seriously.
When I met Matt, we both had no idea how to cook one thing. We lived on eggs, instant noodle soup and frozen pizza. Yeap. Not well. Not only our health was getting seriously affected but our pocket as well. We needed to do something to save money.
Once I moved to Boston, we discovered a farmers market. We started going there since it was convenient for us, and cheaper! months after we realized how energized we were feeling, our skin got better and our pants were falling. It wasn’t because we weren’t eating; it was because we were only eating whole foods from the market.
One thing led to another, and I found myself immersed in the fitness and health lifestyle. I started to follow Kayla Itsines workout guide and cook myself healthy meals. All right, I cook half of the time and Matt cooks the other. Now, I have created my own workout routine and try as many fitness classes in Boston as possible. I am not a chef or a certified RD, but I have found that cooking is easy, it can be healthy and so cheap.
Here are a few fun facts about me:
- I've lived in 3 different countries (México, USA and Spain) and traveled to 17!
- I speak Spanish better than English, and my English has some Aussie slang. Thanks Matt!
- I eat a plant based diet, and try not to eat added sugars or oils.
- Love trying to cook things from scratch, even if it takes hours and hours.
- Work freelance AKA from my room, doing social media marketing for other companies, and teach Lagree method at btone fitness and boxing at everybodyfights.
- Lifting has become my new routine, but I love spinning and bootcamp classes.
- I hope to own a tiny house next year.
- I have eaten the weirdest things, from crickets to cow stomach.
- Can't function without 8 hours of sleep.
- oh and I am a twin!
- can’t wait to get to know some of you!