I’ve been trying to find new ways to get a full body workout that is fun and challenging at the same time. For the past six months I’ve done my workouts for each specific part of my body, and it had worked but I wanted a workout that it could substitute my HITT sprints and it was also fun!
So, I found kickboxing, or kickboxing found me. My butt was kicked, my arms were definitely sore the next day but it was so much fun. I took a couple classes with the most energetic people on earth. I swear, they know how to party and rock a class. Not only the instructors knew what to do, their energy levels were through the roof. Not less to say about my classmates, everyone was killing it!
I liked it so much that I wanted to share with you how awesome kickboxing is! It has for sure so many good things and I couldn’t wait to share it.
Here are my 5 top reasons why you should try it as well!
1. Melt fat, fast! If your goal is to burn some fat and the treadmill doesn’t do it for you, try kickboxing! The combination of martial arts techniques and high intensity cardio will guarantee to burn some calories and fat.
2. Full body workouts, yeap, will workout your entire body! Better way to tone form head to toe. By punching and kicking the bags you will have to use your whole body plus circuit training you will do at the start of the class. Seriously, you will love it.
3. Learn how to defend yourself. You will become stronger and stronger everyday and you’ll learn why and how to use the moves. And to be honest, it is just empowering to know how to kick some ass!
4. Stress reliever! Had a bad day at school or work? Well, punch the bags! Your family and friends will be happy that you get home full of endorphins instead of stress. You will have the best rush after exercise.
5. And its fun! Not only learning how to become stronger, I assure you that spending an hour around people with the same goal as you will not only energized you and motivate you!
One more thing I love about it is that is for everyone! I loved to see all types of people, fitness levels and goals.
There’s many places now where you can practice kickboxing, but if you are around Boston, stop by I love kickboxing and say hi! :)