Looking for a sweet snack that gives you an energy boost? Try these energy balls! They are full of healthy fats and natural energy boosters!
- A cup of medjool dates
- 2/3 of a cup of hazelnuts
- ½ cup of pecans
- ¼ of a cup of dark chocolate chips or shredded dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- A tablespoon of ground coffee (fresh, not used)
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract
Combine the hazelnuts and the pecans in the blender/food processor and pulse a few times. After each pulse, scrape the sides of the blender to ensure nut pieces are of similar size when blended.
Once happy with the consistency add the medjool dates, raw cacao, coffee, dark chocolate chips, honey and vanilla extract and pulse until the mixture starts to form a ball.
Roll into teaspoon sized balls (or tablespoon if you prefer bigger portions).
Refrigerate for up to a week or keep in the freezer up to a month.
The recipe makes up to 16 energy balls, depending on size.