BLUEBERRY + BANANA MUFFINS (Vegan, gluten and nut free)
Hi mamacitas, today's recipe was made by accident the other day when I was baking a banana bread, yeah the same one I posted the other day. Find it here.
I had the idea to use the same better and just add blueberries to make it a bit sweeter, but right before putting the muffins in the oven, I realized I never added peanut butter, and to be honest, I was too lazy to take everything out and mix it with the peanut butter. So I cooked them like that and hoped for the best.
AND WOW, they were still fluffy and super tasty, and adding the blueberries made them perfect. For the sake of the photo, I added almonds to garnish, but you don't have to, and they can be nut free 100%.
BLUEBERRY + BANANA MUFFINS
- 3 Spotty Medium Bananas
- 2 1/2 cup Rolled Oats, divided (not Instant or steel cut)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 flax egg (2 tbsp Ground Flax meal and 6 tbsp Water)
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- On a small ball, prepare the flax egg, by mixing the flax meal and water. Set aside.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F
- Add 2 cups of rolled oats on a blender or food processor until it forms a flour.
- On a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, including the remaining of the oats. (coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, oat flour)
- On a different bowl, add the bananas and smash them with a fork until they form an even runny texture, than mix the wet ingredients with the bananas (flax egg, apple cider vinegar)
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ones slowly, and mix until all clumps have dissolved. Add the 3/4 c of blueberries and slowly mix.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined or greased muffin tray, smoothing the top off with a spatula. Sparkle some sliced almonds and the remaining blueberries.
- Cook for 40 - 45 mins, or until the top is golden-ish brown, and a toothpick (I sometimes use a knife) comes out with minimal crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
We are obsessed with this muffins at home!
- You can use any sugars you desire
- Do not change the flour, I can't promise it will end up good at all. Stick to the rolled oats and you will be happy.
If you make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram @anagoesfit or use #anagoesfit so I can see your creations.
Until the next recipe!