Healthy Vegan Mocha
Iced coffee and matcha are my go-to caffeinated drinks, but living in Boston makes it hard to have it all year round. So I switch to hot drinks.
If you see me at a coffee shop you will rarely see me ordering a sugary drink. I'm an americano with a dash of almond milk gal, or a matcha almond milk latte. No sugars. No bullshit. Fo' real tho. Once in a while I go out of my comfort zone and try "fun" things, like flavored drinks, but nothing kills my vibe more than syrups, like why would you sell or ask for fake vanilla flavor. Gross. At least for me. I don't judge if get that, it just doesn't agree with my body.
So instead of getting all those syruppy (totally made that word), I make my own at home, when I can or have the time.
This mocha it is super versatile, you can add more carob powder to make it more chocolaty taste, or more maca to make it more salty caramel taste.
I hope you like it!
- 1/4 tsp of carob powder
- 1/4 tsp maca powder
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pilonsillo sugar (or any unrefined sugar/maple syrup)
- 1 cup of brewed coffee
- dash of almond milk (or any nut milk)
1. Mix all ingredients on a high speed blender. You can blend it with a spoon, I just found that it really gets to the mix all the ingredients when I use a blender.
- Iced coffee taste as good. Feel free to leave the mix on the fridge for couple hours
- Cacao powder taste the same (almost) to carob powder. So use that instead!
- I get my maca podwer here. I found to be my favorite one. I get the Thrive market brand.
- We an aero press to brew our coffee, but french press or any coffee works.