Onion and Garlic Crispy Potaoes (Oil Free!)
I do not know if you have noticed but Matt and I are obsessed with potatoes lately. We are sure that it is the weather, and that when the temperatures rise (lets hope that happens soon) we will go on to eat more raw food, fruit and smoothie bowls. However, eating with the seasons and in tune with where you live is the best, you help the planet, the local economy and your body, giving it nutrients it really needs.
Before you tell me why I recommend eating potatoes, and if potatoes make you fat, well that is not true, potatoes do not make you fat, and the recipe I'm going to give you is without oils (refined fats your body does not need), without salt , and without dressings. When you start eating really healthy, and balanced, you will see how they taste better than french fries (well, almost the same, but they are more nutritious than chips).
Eating complex and unprocessed carbohydrates (such as chips, french fries, etc.), will provide you with lots of nutrients and energy for a while. As potatoes take longer to digest, than for example fruit, you will feel more satisfied for longer, and you will have energy in the "tank" to burn during the day. It is very important that we consume the correct carbohydrates, since they are the first macro nutrient that is transformed into energy and that your body consumes. Now, before continuing, repeat with me "carbs are good for me"
Ok, now yes, let's go to the recipe!
This way of cooking potatoes is one of my favorites, it gives a rich flavor to my meals, they fill me up and, above all, they are super healthy. In instagram you always ask me how I do them and what I put them, and the truth is that it is super simple. So here is the recipe.
If you do them tag me so I can see them!
CRISPY GARLIC POTATOES
- 2-3 white, red or russet potatoes
- Garlic powder or two cloves of garlic
- Onion powder
- Heat the oven to 230 C / 450 F
- Cut the potatoes in half, on the longer side.
- Already cut, with a fork scrape the potatoes, not very deep, but enough. You'll see little lines, like mini roads in the potatoes
- Sprinkle garlic and onion powder on the potatoes. I like them very garlicky, but it all depends on how you like it. If you have garlic cloves, finely chop them, and smear it on the potatoes.
- Bake the potatoes for 40 mins. And YOU ARE READY TO ENJOY!
What do you think, super easy, right? Tell me in the comments that another recipe you want to see!