Vegan and Gluten Free Banana Bread
OMG this banana bread. I swear I have never gotten so many messages from you after posting a recipe on my stories. It was bananas. Literally.
This banana bread is a similar version to my protein muffins, and banana choc muffins from my recipe e-book - this time I made it just with bananas and oats to give it a bit a classic banana bread taste, but added a bit of cinnamon to spice up. That is optional, and if you don't add it, it is fine too! It will still be super tasty,
To up the level of it, you can add some dairy free vanilla ice cream on top and believe me, it will be the best thing ever. I have even considered make it as a birthday cake, you and your friends/family/kids will love it!
VEGAN BANANA BREAD
- 3 Spotty Medium Bananas
- 2 1/2 cup Rolled Oats, divided (not Instant or steel cut)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Peanut or Almond butter
- 1 flax egg (2 tbsp Ground Flax meal and 6 tbsp Water)
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon (optional)
- On a small ball, prepare the flax egg, by mixing the flax meal and water. Set aside.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F
- Add 2 cups of rolled oats on a blender or food processor until it forms a flour.
- On a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, including the remaining of the oats. (coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, oat flour)
- On a different bowl, add the bananas and smash them with a fork until they form an even runny texture, than mix the wet ingredients with the bananas (flax egg, nut butter, apple cider vinegar)
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ones slowly, and mix until all clumps have dissolved.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper-lined or greased bread pan, smoothing the top off with a spatula. Sparkle some sliced almonds or garnish with pieces of banana and walnuts.
- Cook for 45 - 50 mins, or until the top is golden-ish brown, and a toothpick (I sometimes use a knife) comes out with minimal crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
We are obsessed with this bread at home, and I hope you do to!
- You can use any sugars you desire
- For nut butters, I wouldn't use anything different than peanut or almond butter, you need that smooth consistency.
- Do not change the flour, I can't promise it will end up good at all. Stick to the rolled oats and you will be happy.
If you make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram @anagoesfit or use #anagoesfit so I can see your creations.
Until the next recipe!